Free Legal Information & Resources
Free expert legal information and resources for you and your business.Free Legal Resources >
Andrew Jackson Newsletter Sign-up
Sign up to our e-newsletters for regular updates on legal issues affecting you and your business.Sign-up here >
Online Legal Documents
In some cases you may require fixed price standard documentation with little or no bespoke legal advice. Try our online legal documents which may suit your circumstances, save you money and enable you to deal with the document at a time convenient to you.Andrew Jackson
Online Documents >
Andrew Jackson in the News
Success in Legal 500 2012
Andrew Jackson is delighted to announce that it has been recommended as a leading law firm, according to the research findings of Legal 500, one of the UK's top guides to the legal profession.
In the guide, which has been published today, the firm has received more top tier rankings that any other firm in the Hull region, in the areas of corporate and commercial, commercial litigation, commercial property, employment, family and transport.
It is also recommended in the areas of banking and finance; health and safety; charities; personal tax, trusts and probate; projects, energy and PFI; construction; property litigation; intellectual property; IT; and transport. In addition the firm is recommended in the London section for its shipping work, which highlights nationally recommended firms.
Comments which have been published in the guide include: -
- Andrew Jackson is an ‘absolutely first-class regional firm that punches above its weight’. Members of the litigation team ‘know their stuff’, and ‘the interface with the client couldn’t be better; the service level is truly excellent’
- Andrew Jackson is the ‘leading practice within the region for all marine-related work’. Dominic Ward has expertise in cargo and dry shipping, and the practice has also increased its focus on liens…
- Practice head Bill Fisher has ‘a wealth of experience’; he is ‘a highly skilled practitioner’ who is ‘in tune with retailers and their requirements’. The ‘first-rate’ Richard Mays is ‘commercially aware, technically accomplished’ and ‘good at finding solutions to problems’. Stephen Unwin has a significant renewables practice. (real estate)
- Andrew Jackson’s advice is of the ‘highest standard’. It has experience in structural planning for pre-nuptial agreements, and in advising high-net-worth individuals on financial issues. Richard Hoare is ‘extremely pragmatic’ (family).
Rob Penrose, managing partner at Andrew Jackson, said: “Once again, we have achieved some terrific recommendations and comments in the Legal 500 guide. Everyone at Andrew Jackson should feel proud that their efforts continue to be recognised by this leading guide."
Thursday 27th September 2012
Meet the Business Development team
- Businesses beware as court implies duty of good faith into commercial contract >
- Employers should avoid discussing an employee's age and retirement unless circumstances justify it >
- Promises made during negotiations but not in final contract can still be enforceable >
- Residential landlord recovers majority of costs despite failure to consult over works >
- Guidance given on when employees can use secret recordings in employment claims >
- Employer can use using recruitment criteria when selecting for redundancy >
- Different policies can be applied to different employees to avoid discrimination >
- Have your say: restrictions on company and trading names >
- Businesses should check they comply with discrimination laws on access to their goods and services >
- Implied agency means sub-licence can survive termination of head licence >
- More Latest Legal News >