Free Legal Information & Resources
Free expert legal information and resources for you and your business.Free Legal Resources >
Andrew Jackson Newsletter Sign-up
Sign up to our e-newsletters for regular updates on legal issues affecting you and your business.Sign-up here >
Online Legal Documents
In some cases you may require fixed price standard documentation with little or no bespoke legal advice. Try our online legal documents which may suit your circumstances, save you money and enable you to deal with the document at a time convenient to you.Andrew Jackson
Online Documents >
Andrew Jackson in the News
Andrew Jackson lawyer in mentoring role for Franklin College
A lawyer at Andrew Jackson is mentoring a law student at Franklin College.
Marie Kell, partner and head of the commercial and intellectual property unit at Andrew Jackson, got involved when she heard that Franklin College was launching a Career Academy with law, business and finance as the initial focus.
A former student of Franklin College, Marie said: "When I heard about the programme I knew I wanted to get involved. It is a great initiative and I am sure it will make a real difference to students who have set their sights on a professional vocation such as law.”
As part of her mentoring role, Marie visits AS Law and Citizenship student Edvarda Salinaite - who is also studying AS Government and Politics - and provides advice and guidance on learning and skills development.
The programme, which is a UK-wide initiative with over 120 affiliated schools and colleges, aims to provide students with mentor support, as well as access to key lectures, workplace visits and internships.
Susan Else, curriculum manager for Law and Citizenship, said: - "The Career Academy is an exciting opportunity for students and employers to engage with each other to their mutual benefit. It has proved really popular with students who recognise that there is a need to stand out from the crowd when moving from college to university or work. The programme allows them to develop their skills for the work place and it is having a very positive effect on academic achievement."
Marie added: “Edvarda gained some valuable experience when she joined us for the first part of her work experience earlier in April, as it gave her the chance to see first-hand the kind of skills that are required.”
Tuesday 01st May 2012
Meet the Business Development team
- Businesses beware as court implies duty of good faith into commercial contract >
- Employers should avoid discussing an employee's age and retirement unless circumstances justify it >
- Promises made during negotiations but not in final contract can still be enforceable >
- Residential landlord recovers majority of costs despite failure to consult over works >
- Guidance given on when employees can use secret recordings in employment claims >
- Employer can use using recruitment criteria when selecting for redundancy >
- Different policies can be applied to different employees to avoid discrimination >
- Have your say: restrictions on company and trading names >
- Businesses should check they comply with discrimination laws on access to their goods and services >
- Implied agency means sub-licence can survive termination of head licence >
- More Latest Legal News >